Investing in something that will make you feel beautiful while wearing it is money well spent, especially when it comes to any type of jewelry. Naturally, the greatest thing we can do for ourselves and the item is becoming masters on how to care for and constantly clean that fine jewelry.
Let’s be honest: who doesn’t like the feeling of wearing a gorgeous jewel that gives us a sense of elegance? -We certainly do- which is why we take jewelry cleaning so seriously.
In this blog, we will guide you through some helpful expert advice on how to care for and properly clean your fine jewelry.
What Is Fine Jewelry?
Fine jewelry is crafted from precious metals such as solid gold, sterling silver, and platinum. It may also incorporate natural gemstones and other jewelry settings such as diamonds, rubies, and sapphires.
Avoid This if You Don’t Want Your Jewelry to Get Ruined
Before we get into the specific procedures to clean fine jewelry, we’d like to share some straightforward guidance from our specialists
- Avoid going near chemicals like hairspray, lotion, sunscreen, insect repellent, and perfume since they can seriously harm precious metals.
- The best way to clean fine jewelry involves warm water, dish soap, and a soft brush.
- Remove your jewelry before performing daily activities like showering, swimming, or going to the gym.
Follow These Easy Steps to Clean Your Jewelry at Home
Regarding jewel cleaning methods, we strongly believe that less is more. There is no need for expensive or hard-to-use tools or chemicals that could eventually affect the quality of the materials. In fact, the best way to clean your fine jewelry is right in the comfort of your home, with stuff you already have available.
Consider that the quality of the materials will impact the jewelry’s durability and how it should ideally be cleaned and maintained. For instance, the technique for cleaning fine gold jewelry differs from that for cleaning pearl jewelry or cleaning a diamond.
The Ingredients You Need to Clean Jewelry at Home
- A soft brush or polishing cloth
- Warm water or lukewarm water
- Mild dish soap
- Baking soda
Extra tip: Make sure you are working in a sanitary and safe environment to avoid the accidental leaking of any liquids.
Let’s Dive Deeper Into Some Fine Jewelry Cleaning Solutions
Now that you prepared a special place destined to clean your jewels, you can start with this easy cleaning procedure.
- First, combine a drop of dish soap and lukewarm water or hot water in a bowl.
- Soak the jewelry in the mixture for a few minutes (make sure not to exceed 5 min).
- Then, gently scrub away any dirt and residue with a toothbrush.
- Clean and dry the jewelry using some paper towels or soft cloth.
- Allow it to dry entirely in the air.
- Finally, carefully put it back into a jewelry box.
Now You Are Ready to Clean and Maintain Nice Quality Jewels
Furthermore, maintaining jewelry entails regular cleaning to keep it in good condition and avoiding contact with harsh jewelry cleaners and chemicals that could harm its quality.
If you neglect cleaning them regularly, your gemstones, engagement rings, and bracelets will likely seem worn and deteriorated, ruining a valuable investment and a beauty item.
Do you have questions about how to care for your fine jewelry? Are you looking for the right place to buy a dreamy fine jewelry piece? We are here to help!